I am based in Hertfordshire in the United Kingdom.
I first became interested in computer programming in the early 1980s when the ZX Spectrum, BBC Micro and Amstrad CPC were popular home computers.
In those days a typical computer would have 32K of RAM and most programs were loaded from cassette tape.
Some projects I have undertaken over the years include
Experience of various development languages including
- Visualization of Fitbit activity tracker data via REST API
- Software to control manufacture of parts using CNC Machine tools
- MIDI sequencing software
- Extraction of EXIF from images
- Analysis of GPX file contents
- Microsoft SQL Server data Import/Export utilities using various data formats
- Expression compilation and evaluation using reverse polish notation
- Translation of specialist program code to intermediate tokenised format which is then interpreted at runtime
- Technical review of ASP.NET books prior to publication
- Beta testing of third party software prior to general release
- Microsoft MCP certification
- Microsoft VB.NET/ASP.NET and C#.NET languages v1.x and above.
- Microsoft SQL server versions 2000 and above
- Java Development using IBM websphere portal and application server
- Alpha 5 version 9, 10, 11 and 12 (Web applications)
- DBase II, DBase Plus
- Borland Pascal, Delphi 1,2 and 7
- Borland C++ (Dos applications)
- Microsoft Visual Basic versions 4,5 and 6
- TAS Professional a 4GL application programming language for creating programs to access data stored in Codebase client/server DBF format